Hey guys! I've been putting together a lot of healthy travel recs for my friends, so thought I'd share them with you all, too. These are a work in progress and will continue to update as new discoveries are made. Am I missing one of your faves? Let me know in the comments below.
I grew up in Boulder which ranks high on healthy living scales such as: #1 community for physical well-being (Gallup Healthways Well-Being Index, 2015), #1 on The 10 Happiest Cities list (Gallup, 2011), #1 on America's Top 25 Towns to Live Well (Forbes, 2009) and more. Given all of this, it is arguable that healthy eating and fitness have been ingrained in my being since birth.
Anyway, here are my recs:
- Amana Yoga is great, intimate lovely vibe
- I love Core Power Yoga. A little more workout, less spiritual. It's not for everyone, but it is for me.
- Yoga Pod is really popular, but I've never been
- There is also Yoga Rocks the Park and Yoga on the Rocks in Denver.
- And the Hanuman Festival, Yoga Journal Live! in Estes Park and Wanderlust Aspen -Snowmass are not to be missed.
- In my opinion, there is no need for indoor fitness in Boulder. During the summer / fall hiking is my activity of choice. I usually do Mt. Sanitas with my mom, which is an easy 1.4-ish miles or join a Meetup group of ladies who know their way around, but the hiking possibilities are literally endless.
- I am still gaining my ski legs back after taking a 20-ish year hiatus for my ballet career. But, for most people, skiing is Colorado's raison d'être. Some of the countries best ski resorts are located just 1-2 hours from Boulder.
- There is a great 5.5 mile scenic running path along Boulder Creek.
- The BolderBoulder 10K is an energy-filled, community staple (beware of the altitude!) that is definitely worth running.
- Trail running is also a great activity to explore.
- And make sure to check out Boulder-bred running shoes, Newton Running
- I also need to give a shout out to Impact Hub which is a great place to set up shop if you need to get some work done. I paid $35 for the day and they are very welcoming and have a general vibe of awesome people working on awesome things.