Social media marketing is a constantly evolving environment. A few years ago the answer to this question would have been a resounding YES! but the Facebook community is has drastically changed. Just like to all other marketing activities, there is no clear yes or no answer. Your goals, time and content resources, engagement and conversion analytics should be considered for every platform strategy that you put into place.
Below are a few arguments for each side:
A few reasons to manage a Facebook for Business page:
1. You don’t have a website and need a place to share essential information about your business.
2. You are a large organization with resources to post regular and engaging content AND are seeing traffic and conversions from these posts.
3. You want to purchase digital advertisements. Facebook’s ad targeting mechanism is amazing. You can get really, really granular about who you are targeting on Facebook.
4. You host a lot of events. Facebook events are a great way to spread the word about events.
5. You are not interested in mixing your personal digital life with your professional digital life.
A few reasons to use your personal Facebook page instead:
1. If you are a solopreneur, practitioner or face of your brand it could be to your advantage to simply use your personal page for business.
2. Why? your friends and family are often your best supporters. Make sure to ask them to share news about new products or services with their network (don’t overdo it).
3. You can join Facebook groups. I am loving Facebook Groups right now, they are a great platform for networking and establishing yourself as an expert in your field.
Want to learn more about marketing your healthy brand? Click here to set up a free 30-minute coaching session and make sure to sign up for weekly email marketing tips for food, fitness and wellness professionals.
If you’re so excited that you think every professional you know should have access to this information, then make sure to share this with a friend.