Did you know that 89% of marketers (in a certain study) said that email is their primary channel for lead generation. Furthermore, relevant emails drive 18 times more revenue than broadcast emails. (sources: Forrester Research, Jupiter Research)
What does this mean? If you send people emails they want to read, you have a much better chance of building a loyal community and client base.
Here are 5 ways you can use MailChimp segments to improve your email marketing strategy:
- Send exclusive content or special deals to your most engaged followers. Use Campaign Activity and Member Rating filters to send a gesture of appreciation to the people on your list who have opened and clicked the last 5 campaigns or have a high member rating. These people are the core of your tribe.
- Tailor emails to community interest. Create topic-focused campaigns and keep track of what your community is engaging with by using Campaign Activity 'clicked'. Going forward you can start tailoring your content to communities with similar interests. For example, if you are a healthy chef, you can segment your lists by people who engage with vegan, raw and gluten-free content and send out emails that are specific to these interests.
- Create geographic segments. Create Location segments to target specific regions. This comes in handy if, for instance, you're hosting a small event in New York City and you don't want to send the invites through the wires to your national list.
- Send gentle reminders. Create segments for Campaign Activity 'did not open' or 'did not click' to send out gentle reminders about event invites or special announcement that these folks may not have gotten a chance to view. Make sure the subject line is exceptional when segmenting for these groups.
- Send a welcome note. Using Signup Source and Date Added segmenting, you can send special notes to people who have joined your list from a certain partner, event or during a specific timeframe.
Don't have a MailChimp account yet? MailChimp is the leader in email marketing, and it's free! (up until a certain point). Sign up here.
Want to learn more about marketing your healthy brand? Click here to set up a free 30-minute consult.
If you’re so excited that you think every professional you know should have access to this information, then make sure to share this with a friend.